Who We Are
Family Promise Fights Homelessness... One Family at a Time!
Family Promise partners with families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless by helping them get back on their feet so they can create a stable lifestyle for their children.
Family homelessness is becoming more and more prevalent in our community. Families with children are the fastest-growing segment of the homeless population. Family Promise is doing everything in our power to end family homelessness....one family at a time. Most of the families we help are just like ours, but they haven’t been able to overcome a difficult situation. That’s where Family Promise can help!
Family Promise is a national model that helped thousands of children and hundreds of families build a strong foundation for their family’s future through providing temporary housing, case management, and hospitality. With the help of a network and hundreds of congregational volunteers, our families have found futures full of hope and possibility.
When we help parents meet their basic needs and give them the opportunity to create a vision for the future, their dreams of providing a better life for their children are realized. This changes our community and improves the lives of future generations.
Host Congregations (places of worship that physically house our families each week):
- Alpharetta Presbyterian Church
- First Baptist Church of Roswell
- Kingswood United Methodist Church
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church
- Northminster Presbyterian Church
- Roswell Presbyterian Church
- Roswell United Methodist Church
- Sandy Springs United Methodist Church
- St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church
- Saint Luke's Presbyterian Church
- Temple Beth Tikvah
- Temple Sinai
- Unitarian Universalist Metro Atlanta North
Support Congregations (places of worship that provide volunteers for Host Congregations)
- Congregation B'Nai Torah
- Holy Innocents' Episcopal Church
- North Springs United Methodist Church
- Congregation Or Hadash
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
- Roswell Community Masjid
- Saint Brigid Catholic Church
- St. James United Methodist Church
- Dunwoody Community Church
Does your congregation want to make a difference in the lives of homeless children with families? Email Andrea at email@example.com to receive more information on how to get your congregation started with Family Promise of North Fulton/DeKalb! Please call us at 770-609-5407 if you know of any congregations that might be interested in partnering with our organization as a host or support congregation.